Between the craft show and Etsy I’ve sold most of my bears, but I still have a few available in time for Christmas on my Etsy. :D https://www.etsy.com/shop/stuffedpandastudios
Some work I’m finally getting around to uploading here. All made my me - the second photo uses a base/nose/tongue from Dream Vision Creations.
Bigger photo here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/51672547@N07/8904874414/sizes/o/in/photostream/
Just finished up a kirin head for korat! This was a blast to work on because it isn’t a kirin in the traditional sense - it was a combination of many animals. We didn’t want it to look like a straight up horse, kirin, or unicorn. I will have photos of the head, tail, and hands together next week.
I used my own classic unicorn base, you can get one of your own here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10291417/
Horn was from dreamvisioncreations and painted by me.
-hand sculpted and painted scales
-horn removeable via magnet
-thick handwefted mane (styleable)
-taxidermy elk jaw set
-fan in muzzle
-airbrushing + hand sewn spots
Anywhere from 2 1/2 to 5 weeks of solid work (working fourty hours a week).
This is the blue merle kirin tail for korat, part of a head/tail/hand commission. Working on the hands now, and I’ll be using my unicorn base for the head. It has been decided that her character is a merle corgi/unicorn/koi hybrid, haha! ;)
Tail was made from five different furs blended with airbrushing and trimmed down so it was slim. It has a delrin rod core so it keeps it’s shape well and has a nice bounce to it! The rod also keeps it up and away from your belt so it doesn’t drag or hit you in the legs. Scales were hand sculpted with apoxy, painted, and sealed. Hair on the bottom is hand wefted kanekalon.
**Need to sew the ears on completely, attach her six whiskers, and sew the lining.**
I’ve been working on a realistic Persian from Pokemon since December on my weekends on evenings for our cosplay group’s big Pokemon adventure panel for Naka-kon this coming weekend! It’s gotten down to the wire so I’ve been working every night for hours and all weekend trying to get her done. ;_; I’m going to have to cut a few corners on the inner workings to get her done (like attaching padding to pants rather than sewing it in) which bothers me…a lot. They are all things I can go back and finish up after the convention though. So if you’re at Naka just don’t look too close. ;) There are a lot of minor things I want to adjust very badly but I’m trying to restrain myself so I can actually get it done. ><
The panel itself is three hours long and is a Team Rocket tryouts adventure, I’ll be the line entertainment wtih Giovanni. All I did was make this fursuit, but a lot of my friends have been working long and hard for months on the props and inner workings - so please stop by and support them if you’re going to be there! :)
Also had this posted on FB early, so if you like WIP shots like these check out my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/stuffedpandastudios
Hyena kigurumi I made for hyenaboy! The spots are airbrushed, and the mane was very tedious to make. Every 2” or so of mane is a hand tied and dyed bundle of yarn.
Just finished a BIG project! This is a life-sized version of Purple Kecleon’s character, made from minky.
Special features include rotating arm joints, a fully posable tail with heavy-duty plastic armature inside, and the head/neck is supported with a cardboard tube. She’s filled with poly pellets and stuffing, and weighs in at around nine pounds.
Every time I finish a giant plush I’m like NEVER AGAIN, THAT WAS SO HARD but then I forget how much harder huge plush are, and when people ask for a giant plush commission, I’m like :D OKAY that sounds great! But for all my whining and the difficulty involved, it came out pretty cool! Soft too.
This is amazing.
Finally have some fullbody shots of the macaw for zinq! It fits better on the customer (and the back designs will sit better and be farther up from the tail), but I was the closest model for the suit.
-zippers on each wing to remove padding
-magnetic snap on the top of each wing to get your hand in and out
-quilted wings & tail
-moveable feather crest by bending wires
-delrin core tail so it sticks out and doesn’t lay flat
-custom sculpted feet claws
Took an aardwolf base from phazonalloy and added foam to get the shape. :)